Sewing with knits is so satisfying, you can make something in no time at all. Fortunately, there were no freak accidents this time round. The only tweaks I made were to raise the neckline by 2.5 cm, decrease the bodice by 2 cms and sew a 1 cm seam allowance around the neckline to make it slighter wider.
Check out the stripes matching down the side seam. I got away with making my Plantain from just a metre of fabric as it was 60 inches wide. It’s not as stretchy as my first version and is a little tight around the bust. I think I’ll need to do a FBA on fabrics that don’t have much stretch.
I’m so impressed by this pattern, hurrah for Deer and Doe. I’m going to fill my wardrobe with Plantains. It’s the new Sorbetto.