2013 has been a productive year. I totted up my home sewn garments and it came to 10 which is good going for me. Last year I made: 1 jacket, 4 tops, 3 dresses/tunics and 2 skirts. Some of these were pre-blog so I’ve not blogged about them. Here’s a round up of my 5 favourite makes from 2013.
1. Burda Jacket
2. Vogue 9668
3. Laurel top
4. Rub off skirt (unblogged)
Top 5 goals for 2014
1. Sew with knits. Now there are patterns such as Renfrew – no more excuses.
2. (Deep breath) Make a coat. I have 2 metres of gorgeous copper wool for this project. If I start now maybe I’ll be finished by next winter!
3. Sew from stash. A perennial favourite.
4. Ration fabric purchases. Going cold turkey on fabric purchases is a non starter. So my plan for 2014 is to moderate my fabric habit by allowing myself to purchase new fabric only after I’ve made 2 garments from my stash. Lining and toile fabrics will be exempt.
5. Revisit patterns. Rather than rushing out to buy the latest shiny new pattern, I intend to use some of my patterns again. It’s win win. You save time on the fit as the prep has already been done and it’s more cost effective too.
I think they are all pretty much achievable, though I confess I’ve already bought 2 fabrics this year. Happy 2014 everyone.